Global Tech Exchange is located along the main East-West Road of “Phnom Penh City Centre” Master Plan. The 21.229 sq.m. plot is strategically located in close proximity to the most Iconic Towers of Phnom Penh, Vattanac and ICIC. The development will be comprised of a Hotel (T2), 2 Office Tower (T1 & T3), Support Retail, Podium Car Park and a Data Centre.
The Project is envisioned to set a high quality benchmark for high rise buildings in Phnom Penh, to become a modern icon to the City’s Skyline and a landmark within the Urban Fabric.
In reference to the land’s historical background it is proposed to bring back the water to the site making all the built areas looking like it is emerging from a Lake.
The overall development is anchored in the key strategic principles of:
- Planning to optimize Nett Leasable Area in the given maximum Gross Floor Area
- Hospitality option in the form of a hotel with facilities on strategic location at Podium Roof and Rooftop, with a 4 star quality and standard
- Shaping the building to maximize unblocked view
- Catering for the required Car park within the podium which act as a ‘floating canopy’, as well as centralized motorcycle park on ground while keeping them ‘hidden’ from public area
- Promoting an ‘open space’ retail in common area at Ground Floor and Level 1, naturally ventilated and naturally cooled with the contribution of the breeze passing through the water bodies
- Providing a grade A office for the two Towers at the West
- The Data Centre Building is strategically located at the North-West corner of the plot
- Support Retail
- Carpark Above Ground
- S.Apartments/ Hotel / Hotel
- Mix-use | Office
- Data Centre
- Maximize Synergy through Adjacency
- Zoning Hierarchy and Sense of Arrival
- Maximizing Address
3Massing & Space Allocation
- Maximize unobstructed view
- Orient Serviced Apartments/ Hotel / Hotel tower predominantly North-South
- Soften Tower Edges
- Emphasizing Entrances and Address for each Tower
- Lifting the Towers and Podium Carpark for Natural Ventilation to Public Space
- Bring back the water on site
- Evaporated Cooling
- Water as buffer to the Data Center
- Interactive Soffits for Podium and Towers
José has over 15 years experience in architectural design and masterplanning in Portugal, Macau, Singapore and Asia and has been based in Asia since 2004. He has worked on projects of various sectors from conception to delivery.
As a project team leader, José worked on Skypark at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore before being involved in several projects as Design and Team Leader in Southeast Asia and the Middle East including Indonesia, Cambodia, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, India and Oman. Highlighted projects are Tunjungan Plaza 4&5, Noble House Office Tower, World Capital Tower, MNC Tower, JIExpo Master Plan, Bali Nirwana Master Plan and Lido Lakes Master Plan in Indonesia; Al Khuwair Hilton Hotel, Hayy Al Sharq Rotana Hotels, State General Reserve Fund HQ and Ghala Master Plan in Oman; Sathapana-Maruhan Headquarters, Russian Boulveard Mixed-use Development, Boeung Kak Mixed-use Development and 118 Residences in Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Solaire Quezon City Integrated Resort and Gitna Retail, in Manila, Philippines.
Beyond his practice in Aedas, José was an invited tutor for the Department of Architecture in National University of Singapore from 2009 to 2012 and has been frequently invited for crit sessions since then. In addition he is also a frequent keynote speaker in industry conferences.
Aedas is the world’s only local and global architecture and design practice driven by global sharing of research, local knowledge and international practice. Our 1,400 creative minds with design studios across the globe create world-class design solutions with deep social and cultural understanding of the communities we design for.